The old brewery

Present accommodation of the wine tavern Kolomann

[Translate to English:] © Foto: Stadt Melk

In 1849, the Bohemian brewmaster Anton Prinzl acquired the old brewery. The Western Railway opened up new sales opportunities. Therefore, in 1870, the operation was enlarged and converted to steam.

Some of the old factory buildings were torn down and new ones built on Reichsstraße. Large cellar facilities were built in the Wachtberg area.

In 1905, the brewery was acquired by Wieselburger Aktienbrauerei and shut down soon after.